Friday, January 21, 2011

(214/365)

I took Faith's advice to heart the other day....I realized that I tend to shoot with a wide aperture almost all of the time.....for this shot, I felt I could play around with it:

SOOC: f/8, 1/125s, ISO 400, 50mm 1.8 lens
I had a couple of minutes in between dropping off the boys and going to a friend's house for our weekly Mom's group coffee / play date, so I thought I could quickly stop and get a couple of shots.  I totally misjudged the depth of the snow, and ended up thigh deep (again).  I was committed, so I made my way over to this lovely tree....the bright colors made me do it!

Note to self: carry an extra pair of pants in the truck from now on!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is beautiful. What kind of tree is that?

Unknown said...

it came out very good :)
i have to sit down and properly read my camera manual and start using it as I should, I am stuck to shutter mode or use auto and I think it's time to do something else:)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I love it.

Ashley Sisk said...

Well this turned out really cool - The bokeh is neat.

Anonymous said...

This is sooo pretty!!!