Friday, November 5, 2010

flashback friday

Tomorrow will be 2 years since we welcomed our sweet Lily into the family.  She was a booked C-Section, as I'd had "emergency" sections with both boys.  My water had broken with Jack 15 days early & Henry 10, so I was a little concerned that we'd only booked Lily in 6 days prior to her due date.  I didn't want her to try to come naturally b/c we had some scary moments when the boys heart rates plummeted and they were difficult to keep steady.  I was never in labor for very long, in fact with Henry I didn't even have a hard contraction before he started acting up.  I never got to 2cm dilated with either boy.
(right before we left for our appointment at the hospital....notice I was NOT allowed my morning coffee?)
I remember thinking that I did NOT have anymore room in my belly for her.  She weighed in at a whopping 8lbs 10oz!!!!!  NO WONDER!!!!  
Biggest brother holding her for the first time....
Becoming a big brother....
And....my most favorite story of the day (besides the obvious one...Lily perfectly healthy).  My best friend was so excited that I had a girl this time that she left work and drove to the hospital.  And then called me because the room numbers didn't make sense.  Might've been that she was at the WRONG hospital!!!!!  LOL!

Come flashback with us:
Flashback Friday Button
xox charmaine


11 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

So precious. Sooooo precious.

L. said...

What lovely photos and such a sweet story!

Emily said...

My daughter will be two tomorrow too, I can't believe how fast it went.

grace said...

that is so funny, about your friend going to the wrong hospital. Lily is SO adorable. :)

Naomi said...

So precious--what great memories! :)

Anonymous said...

Great photos. What a funny story.

nanny said...

Sweet pictures...Happy Birthday Lily!

Buckeroomama said...

Happy birthday to Lily!

I love it when the little ones get "promoted" when a younger sibling comes along. :)

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

It's amazing how time just flies. I can't believe it will be eight years in a few weeks since I last held a newborn. Unbelievable.
Dana

Unknown said...

SO sweet! Happy birthday to your girl

Helen said...

Wonderful memories. You look very beautiful in the second photo - even if you just brought that baby to the world.