Tuesday, December 28, 2010

touch up tuesday

When we went tobogganing on Sunday, someone had gone through the trouble of decorating a tree at the top of the hill.  I couldn't resist a shot or two.
I cropped, added a screen layer at about 70%, Florabella Luxe London action (modified the opacity of the layers a bit), then added Kim Klassen's Ben texture #2 on soft light (I think....) at 70-80%.
Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama
Speaking of Kim Klassen......she offers a free texture every Friday (which I totally take advantage of), and I've taken her (also) free photoshop skinny mini class.  In case you don't already know, she's had to shell out loads of money for operation(s) for her puppy Ben, and has designed a collection of 4 textures to help raise money to pay for his care.  I thought I'd share the link (even though I know it's been shared at least once in our blogland) in case anyone else is interested:
The Benjamin Collection

Take care everyone!

11 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Your edit is perfect! Love it.

Anika said...

I love that edited version. It really is a beautiful shot, love it-the light,the cropping, everything, very nice!

Joni said...

great edit. i love how the red just pops and the texture is perfect.

Unknown said...

This is Gorgeous!

Naomi said...

Beautiful! Love the texture!

Jaymi said...

great job! i love the texture, I'm gonna check out your link too!

stacey said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Buckeroomama said...

Beautiful edit! :)

I love Kim Klassen's textures. I bought her Benjamin collection, but I haven't had a chance to use any from there yet.

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Charmaine, this is truly beautiful. You are so far ahead of me with the photo editing. It took a pretty photo and made it into something extraordinary!
Dana

Unknown said...

I am in love with the texture! it makes it sooo much more!

Anonymous said...

Great edit. I love it.