Friday, December 10, 2010

(177/365)

I don't know if you can tell by this photo....
(f/1.8, 1/125s, ISO 640)
..but while I was brushing my teeth, Lily shoved 2 discs in the disc drive....awesome!

A little more about our morning.....

- Due to the disc & kid-not-getting-ready-when-they-should issues, we almost missed Jack's bus from the school for his field trip to our church for his Christmas concert rehearsal.

- I had a bit of extra time before picking the boys up again, so decided to get a couple of gifts to donate to the Salvation Army (one of the drop boxes was robbed in our city).  I thought it would be nice to pick something out that each of my children would like, knowing that another child of the same sex/age would probably like the same.  HUGE NOTE: DO NOT take your 2 year old that you can't reason with when buying a gift that she would love that she can't have!!!!!!!!!!!  She proceeded to scream through the entire store.  People stopped us and asked her if she was ok.  I know I could've just removed her from the situation.....but seriously....I HAVE NO TIME!!!

- Lucky for me, I have a wonderful Mom's group......today was our weekly "date", and my kids behaved and I was able to get out of the rut that the morning had started!

- And also lucky me.....I get to watch Jack's Christmas concert tonight & then go visit with some good friends after!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, who robs a Salvation Army drop box??? That is so disturbing! As awful as it must have been for you to have Lily screaming throughout the whole store, I find the story kind of funny. But I shouldn't talk or laugh for that matter since it will happen to me one day.

Hopefully you got the 2 discs out of the drive?!?!

Have fun tonight with friends & Jack's concert! Obviously I want to see pictures! xo

Siobhan said...

Ohhhh my goodness, I agree who steals a salvation army box...tisk tisk....awwwww I feel for you...I have had moments when my kids are screaming and causing a scene while out and about....reasoning is not an option....lol...and same thing do we remove from situation or continue on..... cause time is ticking.....I am lucky this year we picked out baby toys for the salvation army toy drive....my kids were thrilled....Glad the day got better and hope you enjoyed the X-mas concert!! Thanks for the wonderful comments too....Happy Birthday Henry!! xox