Friday, September 24, 2010

(98-99/365)

Day 98 Homework:
The teacher thinks that Jack may have some strength issues with his hand.  I think he should've been a lefty....we're going to start practicing with his left (with bribes of popcorn twists) to see if he takes to it.  Fail for me....last year I saw him learning to use his right & thought that maybe I'd been wrong.  Maybe I still am?  Argghh!  It's nerve-wracking having a school aged child!

Day 99 What I did on the drive:
Ta Daaaaa!!!  I've never done more than a couple stitches with crochet before & knitting seems like you'd need major coordination (which I do not have!).  I saw some scarves via my future sister-in-law on Etsy....and I wanted one of each!  And then I saw a crochet pattern at THIS store, read that it was easy, YouTube'd the double crochet & voila!  I also picked up some wool in Jasper & made one on the way home in a smaller size! She makes such beautiful items or, sells the pattern for you to make yourself!  Definitely worth a peek!
(Can you tell I was concentrating??)

Chicken Taco Soup (in the slow cooker)
So easy, so good!  Perfect for fall!  Click HERE to go to the recipe at allrecipes.com

Today I'm hosting our Mom's group that we've been in for 5 1/2 years.  We met through a county program & have been getting together every Friday (and sometimes in between) for a play date!  

Happy Friday!







3 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I love your creation...I'd wear that!

Siobhan said...

Love the fact that you are so talented.....great flashback photo...too cute.....Chicken Taco soup is one of my fav winter time meals so yummy!! Great Shots!! And your macro is fab...the colors and the calrity, awesome!

Krystal said...

Wow that scarf is amazing! Makes me want to learn to crochet!!! I wouldn't even know where to begin!