Friday, July 23, 2010

macro friday

This post started out with some soldiers that had been left out overnight & reminded me of how boys play. Barely a day has gone by in the past 2 years that these men (or generations of the originals) have not been played with by my son(s). And then as I had trouble getting a good photo I started to think of a deeper meaning. Not the "toy", but the soldier. Of the men & women who risk their lives (and sometimes give their life) every day so we can be safe. And I'm thankful. So very thankful that I live in a place where my children have no worries. And I can let them be free to be children because I am not afraid.

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

I hope this post doesn't offend anyone, it isn't my intention. I mean it to honor those who serve.

I'm linking this photo to Blogging from Bolivia's Macro Friday.

c.

9 comments:

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

Oh, this is fantastic! Both the shot and the message. Agree 100%!!! I'm so thankful too.

Ashley Sisk said...

I love this shot! I'm always tempted to go out and buy little stuff like this for the sake of photography but think I might get strange looks. Great symbolism...great photo.

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

Love the shot.. love your words more. I have been so thanful, ( always) but more so lately of the sacrafice others have made. Maybe the realization that more will have to step forward...

Love your blog and your photography

Rosie @ Centre of Interest said...

I'm thankful too - so many have given their lives so we can have our freedom. My children have had a childhood that I never had as I was brought up in a war torn land.

Good shot

Have a lovely weekend :) Rosie

Courtney said...

Very original! Love it!

The OriginalPsyn said...

I find stopping to take photos of things that are mundane or a typical part of everyday life makes you look at them differently. You think about them a little deeper. It forces you to stop and think about things. Thanks for sharing.

Great shot.

Siobhan said...

This is a great shot....love the detail of the men and the message....couldn't have worded it any better myself!!

Mommy2Four said...

I love this.......very nice! I too thank the men and women who serve, to keep this country alive and free! :)

Laura said...

Great shot! Toys make great macro photos! I like the wood background.